Saturday, December 6, 2008

You talk about a gentle giant...check out this blog.

Ahhhhhhhhh...
My 6' 7" baby brother came over to visit us a spell and my dog decided to cuddle up to him...she is a miniature dachshund, isn't that precious? But it get even better.
He was taking his phone out of his hoody pocket and Abby thought that she would take an adventure into the pocket...
This is where she napped while he visited us. I love it.

Now to business...Today Vickie K. came by to visit me and we made some cards, but that wasn't the highlight of the workshop. Vickie showed me some boxes that she made at another workshop and I got the instructions...so we made some extras today.
These are some nice gift boxes for this holiday season sporting the "I Wish" Simply Scrappin kit...see these kits are not just for scrap booking, they were a nice touch to these boxes. Let me know if you need a designer box for a gift card or money...I think I can fix you up now. Vickie did a great job on these... don't you agree?


This was my favorite...too cute Vickie.

and here is my version...using the "Bella Rose" Designer Series paper from Stampin' UP! and a 12x12 Chocolate Chip Textured card stock; embellished with Chocolate ChipGrosgrain Ribbon. I wish the pictures were better but I had to use my phone for a camera.

I was pretty impressed with the sturdiness of the box. I loaded it up with supplies to show you how it would look; but how cute would it be if it was full of candy, even cookies, gift cards and pens for a teacher? The possibilities are endless.

It just goes to show that I have a lot to learn from my girls...I am so thankful that they spend time with me and share their ideas as well.

No comments: