Monday, June 8, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

We have reached a new place...Adulthood and making up your own mind...that is where Joshua is now. He loves baseball but not enough to play somewhere where he doesn't want to go to school. He got one scholarship offer from Williams, and a few other coaches from area schools have asked him to come talk to them, but it not Three Rivers...where he wants to go.
So he doesn't know what he wants to do.
Any of our friends who have been in this kind of situation are welcomed to share their experience with him...he needs to make an informed decision. Mike and I have told him that baseball has served it's purpose as far as we are concerned...kept him busy enough through school not to get into trouble, so now it's whatever he wants to do. He can always play intermual baseball in college and softball in town. He doesn't have to give it up all together.
It's hard being on this side of the equation...usually making his mind up for him...now letting him do it. I think letting go is harder than anything the child rearing days had to offer. I wish I could still put him in time-out and say "NO" , or ground him when he makes the wrong decisions, but I can't. I'm not in control any more and that is hard. If you are not there now, you will know what I am talking about all to soon because it is here before you know it.
The purpose of this blog is to ask you to please pray for Joshua, that he will make the decision that the Lord has for his life. And if for some reason he doesn't, that the Lord would teach him to lean on Him through difficult times. I don't want to see my kids hurt, but as we all know, that is where we have done the best part of our learning. It's hard as a parent to set back and let God lead and not do it yourself. So maybe I need you to pray for us, Mike and I, as well.
On a happy note...I am going to be a Great Aunt...can you believe it. I am getting old. So I guess, I too, am in a new place in my life. Looking forward to having a new baby in the family, and oh yes, there will be lots and lots of pictures.
I hope each of you have a blessed day today and in the process don't forget about the One whom made it possible...God!

No comments: