Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Free today, what in the world do I do first?

Isn't life funny, I typed in the heading of the blog and Mrs. Connie calls me to sub. School has been in session now for a week and two days and I have subbed for all those days. Actually that's not true. I just called her back and told her to find someone else for today if possible so that I can go to the doctor with my hubby, awwwww, isn't that sweet of me?


Last night was the opener of the 2008 Volleyball season with us taking on our teams number two rival, CRA. We played there and it had to be a 100 degrees plus in that gym. Not a dry spot on anyone. If I was miserable I can only imagine what the girls were feeling like. Look at Micah's hair curling up...
This is when Micah's name was called out as one of the starters...please let me brag just this time. You would have to know what we endured to get to this point for me to want to even say that she is a sophomore starter. Some of you mommas know what I am talking about when I say that there is a whole lot of "who you are", "and who you know" that gets you into the game. We refused to play that game! Mom and dad are very proud of you Micah!!!! to say the least. Even her big bro who came to the game to support her was in shock.
I wish that I had a shot of her face when her name was called.


One of Micah's favorite things to do is to block the ball when the other team is
hitting it over the net...
and bumping it...

and of course...SPIKING IT.

Go Eagles!!! We play Westside tonight and it will be a good game. ]

Hope I get time to make a card or two today...if so...I will post later. Have a great one.

No comments: