Friday, May 15, 2009

New cards...yeah!

I have been working diligently on projects for the Christmas in July coming up. Will know more details about that after Monday so keep your eyes open for the blog.
With too much time on my hands to think...by the way my baby boy graduates from high school tonight...I got busy making cards. Here are a few of my creations, cased from Michelle. She is teaching me shading through her blog. These cards were easy and fun. I love the technique...probably my favorite now.
This card has more of an Asian feel to it. Looks much better in person than in this picture. I used the Big Shot to emboss the Riding Hood Red and then brayed the same color over the top to make the embossing stand out. On Whisper white I stamped my image, then embossed it as well. Using the masking technique, I shaded the inside circle in Riding Hood Red from the outside of the circle to the middle...leaving the inside a bit lighter. Then out lined the circle in silver gel pen. Did the same procedure to the second circle as well. Then shaded my card in Close to Cocoa around the out side. Framed the picture with Kiwi Kiss and Black card stock. Folded over black ribbon and put a brad through it and there you have it.

Card stock: chocolate chip, Ballet Blue, Basic Black and Whisper White
Ink: Brocade Blue, ballet Blue, Close to Cocoa, Olive Green, and Black
Technique: Embossing and sponging, shading, and masking
Embellishments: Basic Black brads
Stamp set: Thoughts & Prayers

I have this one already in mind for a close friend.

Be ready for more pictures tonight or maybe tomorrow. If not maybe Sunday. Keep Joshua in your prayers please as he goes for a showcase tomorrow for the college that he desires to attend. So it will be an early night tonight.

No comments: