Monday, May 19, 2008

Wild weekend

Sometimes you just have to set back and laugh to keep from crying, don't you? This weekend was one of those weekends. On Wednesday, Micah wanted to get a perm. She was paying for it, so therefore, she wanted it NOW. Due to the demand from her, I told her she would have to wait until Friday to get it. We all know that the children had better not demand from the parents. Well, let's just say that I was not the most popular mom those two days. Friday, we did go and get her perm and I must say, Amanda did a great job. Looks very natural. If you live in Paragould, I highly recommend her.

On Saturday, Michael gets a call at 5:00 am to go on a wrecker call with his father. Michael is pulling a truck out from under a bridge when the cable of the wrecker broke and flew across and hit my father in law in the face. If you have never seen wrecker cables, they are about an inch thick. Because of the force, my father in law was knocked out cold first, then fell to the asphalt where his shoulder hit first, then his head. I did not take a picture of the head injury but I will tell you that it was the size of a girls softball. He was non responsive for 4 minutes and Michael thought that he had killed his father. Although Michael had nothing to do with the cable breaking, he was still involved, so therefore, he was blaming himself. It was a very traumatic weekend for us. Michael was not talking to anyone, didn't want to see anyone, or look upon anyone who would ask him what happened. He is still playing it over and over in his head, so he would definitely covet your prayers. My father in law finally got to walk around and he enjoyed the waiting area over his room where he was so confined...so my boys decided to take advantage of his bed and recliner and watched the Cubs play on t.v..Is this not pathetic? I am off to make some cards, just wanted to share these photo's with you.

Have a blessed day in the Lord. Ps. 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

No comments: