Friday, February 22, 2008

Expectancy

I wanted to share with you this morning what I studied in my Bible study by Beth Moore, "Stepping Up"...



The Holman Christian Standard Bible
Psalm 130 -
1 Out of the depths I call to You, Lord! 2 Lord, listen to my voice; let Your ears be attentive to my cry for help. 3 Lord, if You considered sins, Lord, who could stand? 4 But with You there is forgiveness, so that You may be revered.


5 I wait for the Lord; I wait,and put my hope in His word. 6 I [wait] for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning - more than watchmen for the morning. 7 Israel, put your hope in the Lord. For there is faithful love with the Lord, and with Him is redemption in abundance. 8 And He will redeem Israel from all its sins.


The first part of that passage is so encouraging...if I cry out to the Lord, I mean really, sincerely cry out, there is forgiveness. Hallelujah!! The second part of the passage is what got to me...the psalmist says " I wait for the Lord; I wait, and put my hope in His word. I [wait] for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning-more than watchmen for the morning. " He is expecting forgiveness. He's not coming to the Lord with his head hung low saying "forgive me" , He has his head looking upward expecting the forgiveness. How often I ask, but do not expect it. What's the point in waisting the precious time I take to talk to God, if I talk just to hear my words. I am to be joyous that I can ask and I will receive the promise of forgiveness! Man I am a little excited now. I hope you will consider what I've shared and claim His promise of forgiveness. If I can pray for you, I would be honored if you would respond and let me know how. I promise to pray for you "EXPECTING".


Now I will share with you a card that I anticipate sharing in Vicki B.'s class work shop. If you read this Vicki, let me know what you think. We will also be doing a scrapbook page along the same line. I hope you enjoy...

This card is very simple. It is using the stain glass effect on vellum paper, out lined in a white gel pen. The inside says, "thought you could us a little pick up" under a layer of vellum in which you use to write your words of encouragement on.

No comments: