Friday, February 8, 2008

Rub-ons, yeah!!! They are easy and fun


This card was inspired by Vickie Kunau. At Vickie's workshop she made a card holder purse that was white and she used the black Rub-Ons to decorate it. So I thought I would use the opposite color scheme and make a card...what do you think? Yes, that is a Rub-On on the ribbon...how cool is that? This card is so easy to make...less than 9 minutes, tying the knot was the most difficult. Let me know if you would be interested in making one or buying for a friend.






Rub-Ons go beyond card stock...look what I've done with a mug...fill it with candy and here's a nice thank you gift. Ask Ginger and Lisa A about theirs. I am told through my Stampin' UP buddies that you can wash them by water. They have put them in the dishwasher and turned the Rub-On away from the sprayer towards the outside and after two washes it hasn't came off yet...but I highly recommend that you use soap and water only.


Here I have put in on a votive cup...





Even sheet metal...how about that. I am hearing they look great on mirrors too. I will be trying that next.










Top Five Tips for Getting Started with Rub-Ons:



  1. All brands of Rub-Ons are different. And you're sure to love the high quality of our new line! Even if you've used another brand before, you should test our Rub-Ons on a sheet of scratch paper before applying them to projects.



  2. Always cut out your image from the main sheet before applying it to your project.



  3. When applying more intricate designs, keep your Rub-Ons steady during the image transfer. You may need to us tape , it the project surface will permit.



  4. Be sure to use the included wooden stick to transfer the image, rather than your bone folder. It's easy to apply to much pressure using bone folders, but the wooden stick will snap before you can ruin your image.



  5. When you wish to apply Rub-Ons to stamped images, we recommend stamping the image using Craft Ink and allowing the image to dry first-you may want to use a heat tool. Rub-Ons work great on the slightly textured surface of pigment ink.


Let me know if you would like to do a workshop with Rub-Ons...I am telling you that it is easy, especially for those who are starting out fresh with this craft...you can do it. Let me prove it to you.



Have a blessed day in the Lord.

My sick baby...please pray for her. She tried to go to school but momma had to pick her up early...she looks pitiful wrapped in my blankie...watch out Deb it is contaminated now.



No comments: