Monday, February 11, 2008

Journaling

I am a early riser on most occasions. I get up around 5:00 and do what I need to do before my day starts. The house is quite, no distractions...well maybe a little distraction from our little Abby ever once in a while...but for the most part, pretty quite. In the quietness this morning I was reminded of what Pastor Pat encouraged us to do during our time with the Lord, I would like to share that with you this morning.

In his sermon he said, "When you read your Bible this week I want you to ask two questions...What did you just say to me Lord out of this passage of scripture?...What do I need to say to you Lord after reading this scripture?" I journal daily, and while doing so I felt in my heart that this is what I am to journal for period of time. Asking these questions to myself. If you will allow me, I would like to be transparent with you and share the answer that I received from asking those two questions.

Matthew 25:1-13, 14-30:

  • What did you just say to me Lord? Lisa you make a lot of preparations for a night out on the town with mike and friends... fret over what you will wear... does your hair look okay... is your makeup to dark... who will watch the kids. You spend at least an hour preparing. Should you not do the same for Me?
  • What do I need to say to you, Lord? Please forgive me for not fretting over You and adjusting my schedule to be ready to meet with you. Help me go to bed at night at a reasonable time to be fresh and ready for our get together the next morning. Walk with me through this process, I am so weak and self-consumed.
  • What did you just say to me Lord? Lisa, do what I have commanded you to do. Do not compare your efforts with others because I may call you to do something totally different than what I have the person next to you, do. What I do give you Lisa, show the faith that you say you have...invest it in others and leave the results up to me.
  • What do I need to say to You? Oh, Abba, please forgive me for comparing myself to other Christians and help me concentrate on what You have called me to do and remain faithful to do it.

I don't know if that was what he was asking us to do, but that's the way I interpreted it...I praise the Lord that we have pastors who care about our walk with the Lord.

Okay, I just go home from a day at the Preschool at Tech. It was a first for me. I have never subbed for preschool, but I must say, it beats Sr. High. Not one time did a kid try to tell me I was wrong or I don't know what I am talking about. I had a lot of fun doing crafts with the kids. We made Valentine for their Tea Party on Valentines day. I was in my element. On top of the fact that the Lord allowed me to share my love for Stampin' Up with teachers. It was pretty cool.

Now we have a ballgame to attend. Fred is playing in a tourney at Oak Grove.

Joshua just came in and he got the majority of his braces off, yeah. I will try to post a picture later if he lets me.

Micah is better or so she says. She doesn't want to go to the doctor, she is afraid of having to get a shot...she takes that from me.

Mike's doing the dishes so I think that that is my hint to come help.

Have a blessed day in the Lord.

Lisa

No comments: